Ratepayers Action Group Programme
Enough is Enough
- Disband Unitywater with return
to Council management of water resource for ratepayers.
- Introduce a maximum cap of CPI increase per annum on all rates, charges and water costs (which will diminish the effect of large
increases in land valuations)
- Introduce early payment discounts on rates and water.
- Reduce water access and sewerage charges
inline with current Sunshine Coast levels (who are also part of Unitywater).
- Form a hardship tribunal (similar to Brisbane City's) to be set up to cover Moreton Bay Regional Council
- No council candidates to accept donations from land developers or builders.
- Declare donations received
for candidate campaign 14 days before election day.
- Minimise the use of secret/confidential Council meetings. Further, details of secret meetings should be released as soon
as possible of the secret matter being finalised.
- Increase pensioner discounts to $300 in all three former areas (the current discount is $250).Part pensioners to be paid proportional.
- Introduce formal voting at Council general meetings. That is to keep a record of for and against on all matters.
- Phase out the R2 and U2 rating
categories (currently rental properties are charged 25% more on rates for the same services).
- Ensure council infrastructure spending is fairly distributed between divisions.
- No increases in rates or charges for 12 months.
- Support The Hills District to transfer from Moreton Bay Regional Council to Brisbane City Council.
- Property valuations to be averaged over 3 years.
- Support the de-amalgamation of Redcliffe City from Moreton Bay Regional